Dr. Fernando Delasotta M.D.
Fernando Delasotta, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board certified neurological surgeon specializing in the treatment and surgery of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves. Dr. Delasotta has more than 20 years of practice in the South Jersey area. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.
As an expert in the field of neurological surgery, Dr. Delasotta is required to have an extensive education, including continuing educational courses. Neurosurgeons can assist with problems ranging from brain tumors to all spine-related problems including cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine disorders. If you are unsure whether you need the care of a neurosurgeon, please check with your primary care physician for a referral.
From 1975-1982, Dr. Delasotta served his residency at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City, the Bronx VA Hospital and Brooklyn Jewish Hospital and Medical Center.
Dr. Delasotta is trauma certified (ATLS) and a ATLS instructor. Dr. Delasotta also practices neurosurgery at the following hospital:
- Atlanticare Regional Medical Center – Trauma Center
- Shore Medical Center in Somers Point, NJ (Formerly Shore Memorial Hospital)
Dr. Delasotta is licensed to practice medicine and surgery in New Jersey, New York, Florida and Washington DC. He has been Board Certified in Neurological Surgery since 1985.
He is a member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Fellow of Inter-American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- New Jersey Medical Society
- Atlantic County Medical Society
Dr. Delasotta is bilingual in English and Spanish (Se Habla Espanol)